The Town of Ledyard owns the 11–acre Sawmill Park, which includes a water powered up-down saw, shingle mill, blacksmith shop, a gristmill, ice harvesting equipment, and other mill artifacts of the Industrial Revolution. The mill museum is located in an 1860 restored building. The saw mill is operational from April-May and October-November. The park with two-acre pond is open year round.
This lovely collage of Sawmill Park was posted on the Facebook Ledyard Community Forum by Linda Taylor-Macrino.